What is the role of alternative medicine in the age of bio-intelligence?
Crucial Issues in Health Care
1.In 2004, 32.7 percent of Hispanic families, 19.7 percent of black families and 11.3 percent of non-Hispanic white families had difficulty accessing care because of lack of health insurance (U.S. Government Census Data: http://www.census.gov). What do these figures tell us about how race and ethnicity affect access to healthcare?
2.U.S. Census Bureau estimates say that by 2015, 11 million Americans in the 18-24 year age group will be without health insurance. (Source: http://www.census.gov/). What are the implications for the healthcare industry? What are the implications for the uninsured?
3.Do you think the healthcare industry has been responsive to change or has resisted change? Explain your answer. Give an example of how the healthcare industry has accepted or resisted change.
4.Based on your personal experience, do you think patients have been responsive to change or have resisted change? Give an example of how patients have accepted or resisted change.
5. What is the role of alternative medicine in the age of bio-intelligence? What factors may influence a patient’s choice of a system of medicine, from the traditional to the alternative? Describe any discernible trend in favor of any particular system of medicine that you may have noticed.
6. Patients are becoming more knowledgeable about health matters and are having a greater say in health decisions. At the same time, technological progress is always changing healthcare. Do these two trends work for or against each other? Why or why not?
7. Technological improvements often eventually make commodities and services cheaper. Does that happen in the case of healthcare? Why or why not? Find at least one case of a healthcare service or equipment that has become cheaper due to technological advances. Describe the service or equipment and the health problems treated. Give estimated costs before and after the introduction of new technology
8. Do you think that the different stakeholders can work together to improve healthcare or are their interests necessarily in conflict? When stakeholder interests are in conflict, how can they be resolved?
9. Are free market mechanisms sufficient to resolve conflicts, or is government intervention necessary? Give reasons for your answers.
10. As the new manager of a health facility, what will you examine first to assess whether the facility is prepared to meet the challenges of the future? Specify the type of health facility you choose. Make a checklist
The post What is the role of alternative medicine in the age of bio-intelligence? appeared first on ukessayspro.com.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post What is the role of alternative medicine in the age of bio-intelligence? appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.