please explain all solutions
2) What is the difference between a randomized ANOVA and a repeated measures ANOVA? What does the term oneÂway mean with respect to
4) If a researcher decides to use multiple comparisons in a study with three conditions, what is the probability of a Type I error across these
comparisons? Use the Bonferroni adjustment to determine the suggested alpha level.
6) When should postÂhoc comparisons be performed?
8) Why is repeated measures ANOVA statistically more powerful than a randomized ANOVA?
10) In a study of the effects of stress on illness, a researcher taillied the number of colds people contracted during a 6Âmonth period as a function of
the amount of stress they reported during the same period. There were three stress levels: minimal, moderate, and high stress. The sums of squares
appear in the following ANOVA summary table. The mean for each condition and the number of subjects per condition and the number of subjects per
condition are also noted.
Source df SS MS f
Between groups 22.167
Within groups 14.750
Stress level Mean N
minimal 3 4
moderate 4 4
maximum 6 4
A) Complete the ANOVA summary table
B) Is F obt significant at a=.05, or at a=.01
C) Perform post hoc comparisons if necessary.
D)What conclusions can be drawn from the FÂratio and the post hoc comparisons?
E) What is the effect size? What does it mean?
F) Graph the means.
12) A researcher conducted an experiment on the effects of a new â€œdrugâ€ on depression. The researcher had a control group that received nothing, a
placebo group and an experimental group that received the â€œdrugâ€. A depression inventory that provided a measure of depression on a 50Âpoint scale
was used (50 indicates that an individual is very high on the depression variable). The ANOVA summary table appears next, along with the mean
depressing score for each condition.
source df ss ms f
between groups 1,202.313
within groups 2,118.00
drug condition mean n
control 36.26 15
placebo 33.33 15
drug 24.13 15
A. complete the ANOVA summary table
b. Is f obt significant at Î±= .05; at Î±= .01?
c. Perform post hoc comparisons if necessary
d. What conclusions can be drawn from the F ration and the post hoc comparisons?
e. What is the effect size , and what does this mean?
f. Graph the means
14) A researcher has been hired by a pizzeria to determine which type of crust customers prefer. The restaurant offers three types of crust: handÂ
tossed, thick, and thin. Following are the mean number of lÂinch pieces of pizza eaten for each condition from 10 subjects who had the opportunity to
eat as many pieces with each type of crust as they desired. The ANOVA summary table also follows
Source df ss MS F
Crust type Mean n
HandÂtossed 2.73 10
Think 4.20 10
thin 8.50 10
a) Complete the ANOVA summary table.
b) Is Fobt significant at a = .05; at a = .01?
c) Perform post hoc comparisons if necessary.
d) What conclusions can be drawn from the FÂratio and the post hoc comparisons?
e) What is the effect size, and what does this mean?
f) Graph the means
What is an Fratio? Define all the technical terms in your answer.
What is error variance and how is it calculated?
Why would anyone ever want more than two (2) levels of an independent variable?
If you were doing a study to see if a treatment causes a significant effect, what would it mean if within groups variance was higher than between
groups variance? If between groups variance was higher than within groups variance? Explain your answer
What is the purpose of a postÂhoc test with analysis of variance?
What is probabilistic equivalence? Why is it important?
APA style citations (no web sites)
5-7 pages in length not to include cover page
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post What-is-the-difference-between-a-randomized-ANOVA-and-a-repeated-measures-ANOVA-assignment-2-help appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.