This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO2: Assess the health needs of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities using demographic and epidemiological data to identify population health risks. (PO 4)
CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Submit to the appropriate basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
POINTS: 225 points
Watch the Milestone 2 tutorial by clicking this link. This tutorial is also available on Course Project page under Course Home as well as Week 4 Assignments page.
This paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting.
• [Introduction:] This beginning of your paper should catch the reader’s attention with interesting facts about your community and should include the purpose statement of the paper. This should be one paragraph. APA states that you should not title this as introduction; however, you are still expected to write a separate introduction. The title of the paper should be repeated at the top of page two and centered.
• Community Overview: Identify the community that you are assessing by name and state and provide a general description of the community. What is the general character of the community? Statistics should not be included here. Your community should be the area you live or work in and should include a residential area. It should be a large enough area to answer the questions in the text. This should be one paragraph.
• Demographic Data: Compile a range of demographic (population description) data for your community by examining U.S. Census Bureau reports. Using this data, describe your community. Compare your community data to state or national data. A summary of this data should be no more than two paragraphs.
• Epidemiological Data: Compile and summarize a range of epidemiological (illness, morbidity, and mortality) data for your community by examining data from sources such as city or county health department reports, County Health Rankings (countyhealthrankings.org), or the Centers for Disease Control to describe priority health problems in your area. See the Webliography for applicable sites to search. Compare your community to state or national data. This comparison will help to identify a priority community health problem specific to your community. A summary of this data should be no more than two paragraphs.
• Windshield Survey: Provide a summary of your observations from your first milestone. Make sure to discuss observations related to your identified problem. This should be one to two paragraphs.
• Problem Diagnosis:
. WITH nursing experts help TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post The purpose of this paper is to provide an opportunity to utilize community assessment strategies, uncover a community health problem, and identify the components of one community health nursing problem related to the community dynamics. appeared first on nursing experts help.