LEADERSHIP FOR QUALITY AND SAFETY WEB QUEST
National Patient Safety Goals;
1. From the 9 identified areas of practices, choose one area that most closely relates to your area of practice, clinical experience, or interest.
2. Pick and list one for the patient safety goals from the identified area.
3. How does this goal currently impact you in your area of practice, clinical experience, or area of interest?
4. Do you think these programs and goals are important? Why or why not?
5. From your perspective, how have these programs and goals impacted patient quality and safety
Stop #1 – The Joint Commission
1. What do you think about the Speak Up program?
2. Which brochure did you choose from the list provided?
3. Do you think this brochure would be helpful to a patient? Why or why not?
4. Do you think that educated patients have better outcomes? Why?
Center for Transforming Healthcare
1. Are you surprised that hand hygiene is still a quality focus after all these years? Why or why not?
2. So, why doesn’t everyone wash? How as a leader in your organization do you ensure compliance?
3. Have you seen some for of “ Safe Hand-off” occurring in your area of practice or clinical experience? Do you think this is an important initiative?
Stop #2 – National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI)
1. Did you know that there are Nursing Quality Indicators? If so, how did you know?
2. Is your place of employment currently participating with NDNQI? If yes, go to number 3. If no, skip number 3 and go to number 4.
3. Explain how your organization is currently involved.How is the leadership within your organization promoting the use of this database?How do you see its use impacting patient safety?
4. Explain how you as a leader could convince your organization to participate with the NDNQI? Discuss why you think your organization would benefit from this database. How could it be used to enhance patient safety.
Stop #3 – The Institute of Medicine (IOM) and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
This is probably the most important item within the WebQuest. This link is about the changes that nursing is currently undergoing and the information in these links affects how nurses practice.
IOM and RWJF
The post How does this goal currently impact you in your area of practice, clinical experience, or area of interest? From the 9 identified areas of practices, choose one area that most closely relates to your area of practice, clinical experience, or interest. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.