Critique a Research Article
A critique is a method of displaying a logical and organized analysis of a written or oral piece. Critique can provide the readers with both positive and negative outcomes depending on the author. The purpose of this assignment is for the student to perform a critique on a research article that deals with today’s health issues. In this paper the student must be diligent at what the author are claiming, taking into account the research methods being utilized and look for pros and cons of the researcher’s outcomes.
The assignment must be a minimal of five pages, excluding title page and references. The assignment must be strictly following APA guidelines, points will be deducted if otherwise. Do not use first person throughout the paper until the section called evaluate the paper.It will be divided in the following manner:
Title page: Give the name of the article, the authors name(s) and your name. Following APA
- Provide an overview of the author’s research problem, research questions and main point including how the author supports his or her point.
- Explain what the author initial objectives (hypothesis) and results including the process he or she used to arrive at such conclusion.
Evaluate the Research Methods: in paragraph form answer the following:
- Does the author provide a literature review?
- Is the research current and relevant to today existing health issues?
- Describe the research type utilized?– experimental, non-experimental, quasi experimental, etc.
- Evaluate the sample (size, composition, or in the way the sample was selected in relation to the purpose of the study? Was the sample appropriate for the research or was it bias?
- How practical does this work seem to you? How does the author suggest research results could be applied and how do you believe they could be applied?
- Could the study have been improved in your opinion? If so provide how you think it could have improved.
- Is the writing in the article clear straightforward?
- Can further research be conducted on this subject? Explain
Conclusion: In your conclusion, try to synthesize the pieces of your critique to emphasize your own main points about the author’s work, relating the researcher’s work to your own knowledge or to topics being discussed in your course.
Reference Page: APA style, see rubric below
The post Florida National University Evidence Based Practice and Applied Nursing Research appeared first on Submit Your Homework.
Florida National University Evidence Based Practice and Applied Nursing Research was first posted on January 14, 2021 at 7:04 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com