State: New York
Evaluate community demographic, epidemiological, and environmental data.
· Identify the relevant data.
· Describe the major community health concerns suggested by the data.
· Explain how environmental factors affect the health of community residents.
Health Improvement Plan
· Base your plan on the best available evidence from a minimum of 3–5 current scholarly or professional sources. (No older than 5 years please)
. Apply correct APA formatting to all in-text citations and references. (Sixth Edition)
. Attach a reference list to your plan.
· Ensure that your plan meets the cultural and environmental needs of your community and will likely lead to some improvement in the community’s health related to this concern.
. Consider the environmental realities and challenges that exist in the community.
. Address potential barriers or misunderstandings related to the various cultures prevalent in the community.
· Justify the value and relevance of the evidence you used as the basis of your plan.
. Explain why the evidence is valuable and relevant to the community health concern you are addressing.
. Explain why each piece of evidence is appropriate and informs the goal of improving the health of the community.
· Propose relevant and measurable criteria for evaluating the outcomes of your plan.
. Explain why your proposed criteria are appropriate and useful measures of success.
· Explain how you will communicate with colleagues and members of the community, in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way, with regard to the development and implementation of your plan.
. Develop a clear communications strategy mindful of the cultural and ethical expectations of colleagues and community members regarding data privacy.
. Ensure that your strategy enables you to make complex medical terms and concepts understandable to members of the community, regardless of language, disabilities, or level of education.