Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In 1944, finance specialists and bankers from around the world met to discuss what the post-WWII monetary system would be. Given the instability of the pre-war period, the goal was to create a new system. The outcome of this was the Bretton Woods system, which had the U.S. dollar as the world reserve currency linked to gold at $35 an ounce. All other currencies were tied to the dollar with limits on how much they could appreciate or depreciate. The system lasted until the 1970s, when the United States decided to move away from gold convertibility. The modern system is based on supply and demand for currency and a managed float. Discuss the following in your main post:
- The U.S. dollar remains the world’s reserve currency. Is this good for the United States, and if so, why?
- People usually think a “strong” dollar is good. Is this true for U.S. businesses, and does it help or hurt the U.S. balance of payments?
Responses to Other Students: (posts that need response will be posted on friday)
Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- Do you agree or disagree with your peers findings?
- Where are there similarities or differences within the class discussion?
- Are there particular considerations/ideas that particularly stand out?
The post Discuss the following in your main post appeared first on Submit Your Homework.
Discuss the following in your main post was first posted on January 14, 2021 at 6:27 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org