1. The 1920 paper by Watson & Rayner on conditioning a phobia in an 8-month-old infant is considered to be one of the founding pieces of scientific research in psychopathology ��� but what are its weaknesses?
2. Can doing research on healthy volunteers tell us anything about the causes and symptoms of psychopathology? Discuss and support your answer.
3. Do single case studies have any value if their findings can only be generalized to other cases? If so, give examples.
4. Are there any circumstances in which it is acceptable for practicing clinical psychologists to view the research literature as irrelevant to their professional practice?
5. Watch the videos Milgram���s Obedience to Authority Experiment and The Stanford Prison Experiment. Post your comments and reflections on these research projects. Discuss the conclusions (are they valid?) and ethical issues of the studies.