social contract paperAssignment Details:
Review the TEDTalk on Inequality and Rawls’ Veil of Ignorance. Imagine the ideal organization for which you would like to work (this can be a health care organization, ( use a Catholic school Nurse). If you were to use Rawls’ Veil of Ignorance, what rules would you put in place at this organization? Pick two and describe the social contract that would need to be in place, addressing parties involved, how each shows they are part of the social contract, and what actions the parties must take to show they are upholding the contract. Also address any consequences for not upholding the social contract. A separate reference page is required.
Please use A catholic school Nurse as the organization.
Supporting your work:
• Use at least two pieces of information from this week’s assigned material to support your work. You have an option to supplement your work with additional material if needed, which must be from scholarly sources (i.e., peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.). Wikipedia is not a credible source
Weeks study Material are
• Rachels, J. & Rachels, S. (2015). The elements of moral philosophy (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education. — Chapter 6 (pp. 82-95)
Ignatieff: The Broken Contract
60 Minutes: Falling Apart: America’s Neglected Infrastructure
TED Talk about Inequality and Rawls’ Veil of Ignorance
Required elements Potential earned points Required element parts
Rawls’ Veil of Ignorance 0-5 points • Demonstrates thorough understanding of Rawls’ Veil of Ignorance
Social Contract Theory 0-5 points • Demonstrates through understanding of social contract theory
Content 0-10 points • Addresses elements of chart thoroughly
• Two organizational rules described clearly
Mechanics 0-5 points • Uses correct grammar, spelling
• Uses short, clear phrases/sentences
• Uses formal language (no slang or jargon)
• Appropriate for reader
• Defines any abbreviations on first use
Research 0-5 points • Uses two pieces of support from the weekly material
• Sources cited APA style
• Reference page for sources is correctly formatted APA style
Points may be deducted for lateness.