Assignment 3: The Big Stage!
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
In the United States, both the federal government and the states have authority to indict for criminal wrongdoing. The federal government and each state have their own criminal statutes, court system, prosecutors, and police agencies. Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on crime trial, prosecutor, and criminal investigator.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Put yourself in the role of a prosecutor and explain the importance of the final report to the prosecution of a case. Further, analyze the possible impact of poorly completed final reports on the prosecution of a case.
- Review Figure 21.1 “The Use of Evidence in the Stages of the Criminal Justice Process” in Chapter 21 of the text and specify the manner in which each stage of the criminal justice process helps to build a successfully litigated action. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Define a criminal investigator’s role in preparing a case for court. Analyze the manner in which the investigator cooperates with the prosecutor to enhance the courtroom presentation.
- Differentiate not guilty and acquitted. Give your opinion as to whether or not an acquittal means that the investigator failed. Support your position.
- Predict one to two (1-2) changes that will take place in criminal investigation in the next twenty (20) years. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the major components of and responsiblities involved in the investigative process.
- Recommend improvements to the criminal investigation process in selected areas.
- Predict changes that will take place in criminal investigation in the next 20 years.
- Evaluate the role of the criminal investigator in preparing evidence for presentation and courtroom testimony.
- Use technology and information resources to conduct research in the criminal investigation process.
- Write clearly and concisely about the criminal investigation process using proper writing mechanics
The post Assignment 3: The Big Stage! appeared first on Assignment Hub.
Assignment 3: The Big Stage! was first posted on February 23, 2021 at 3:22 am.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com